Mother

Mother

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Awakening

Just to let you all know the thought behind this page:
I woke up the other morning thinking  that life was feeling very much in a rut. I get up everyday, kids go to school, I go to work, we have dinner, we do homework, snacks, begging for just 5 more min. till lights out ( kids beg for this not me :). Anyway, you get the picture. The next few days were spent with me feeling moody and maybe even a bit depressed. Shouldn't I be doing some amazing act to stop the mundane of daily life? Slowly ( cause my heads a bit  thick ) I heard a Still Small Voice reminding me what the biggest most amazing thing I am called to do. Wake up every morning ..take the kids to school, work, make dinner, do homework and in the midst of all that .....be fully engaged in each little detail. Stop and look that person directly in the eye and just for a brief second touch their soul with love. Literally stop and smell the flowers you walk by every day. Most of all, as a mother teach my children  to live this way, fully alive and awakened to all that is !
This my fellow mothers is no small feat in my world.I am not a natural optimist I prefer to consider myself a realist :)
As I start this journey of being fully engaged and awake with my children I invite you to come with me and to share your wisdom with me!

Blessings
Jenn

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a mother, but I think I get what you're saying. So often, we are so interested in the big things that we forget that big things are made up of small things! Therefore, the small things are vital, because without them nothing is possible.

    ReplyDelete